Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We Have Big News!

Yesterday I discovered some exciting news for our little family.  We're adding to the Pike crew!!!
They're very light, but definitely a YES! :)

I've been feeling a little "different" for the past week or so and I knew that I could possibly have a little bun in the oven so I had taken a few tests--that all said negative.  Well, yesterday morning I had one test left so I decided to just take it and see.  I had a big ol' fat plus sign (that just happened to be fairly light).  Before picking up the phone and sharing with the world I thought I better head down to Walmart to buy more tests--just for good measure.  Sure enough I took three pregnancy tests and all of them were POSITIVE!  Chris was working and I had called him after the first test, but said that I didn't know if it could have been a false positive.  I think he's more in shock that it actually happened, but I think he's pretty happy.  I, on the other hand, am ecstatic and couldn't wait to tell EVERYONE.  So, I did just that.  Our families are super happy.  Macie doesn't really know what to think.  All she says is, "I want a little girl."  I guess that means she doesn't want a brother, but we'll see what happens.

I know it's really soon to tell everyone, but I couldn't hold it in!  I had an idea that I probably was this month, so I've been very antsy.  When I thought I wasn't, I was a little bummed.  So, according to my calculations, I'm almost 5 weeks along right now and we have our first doctor's appointment November 24.  I am working on my list of questions--because it HAS been over 3 years since finding out I was pregnant with Macie.  Things are different this time because I was EXPECTING it to happen, unlike with our little surprise Miss Macie.

Here we go: 4 Weeks
Macie wanted a belly picture too! :)
 I had already done all of the basics when we decided to start trying--taking prenatals, quit drinking caffeine, no more ibuprofen.  Now I just have to work on my diet.  I'm hoping morning sickness isn't as bad this time.  I started eating like a horse about a week ago and I'm afraid that my body is preparing itself for the sickness.  Fingers crossed!

Be expecting many posts on the progress!

3 comments:

  1. HOW EXCITING!! Congratulations to your family. Love Macie's belly picture. :) Can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Life with two kiddo's is double the fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete