Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recent happenings

It's been a while since my last blog, which is sort of a trend.
((insert sad face here))

I'm writing this on the iPad because we have yet to replace the MacBook charger that broke two weeks ago (because it's a whopping $80 buckaroos) and ran into a few challenges that I need to figure out, so my last two pictures are really small. What do ya do?

Anyway, here we go--

A lot has gone on since I last blogged:

-I started classes.
That is that - nothing I particularly enjoy, but it really is sort of nice getting out and doing something that is just ME. I hardly get a free moment each of these days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and it's constant chaos, but it do it ALONE!

I am taking A&P (which is a redo because I had a complete duh! semester last fall - not even going to get into excuses) and two classes that are for my major. I'm doing well in all of them, so YAY!!!

I found out that my graduation date will be August 2013 - less than a year away! I was hoping for May 2013, but that's just going to be a complete no go. It's not worth the stress to take 20 hours plus an internship in one semester! I want to continue enjoying my family!!!

-Macie went back to preschool and Macklyn started her daycare.
I wasn't worried about Macie. She loves school and her friends! She is doing great and learning so much this year - we are very pleased.

Macklyn, on the other hand, was my giant worry bubble from the time she was born (thinking of putting her in daycare). She goes to the same place that Macie went as a baby (when I first went back to school). I ended up choosing a daycare center because she was SO HIGH MAINTENANCE. This place has two girls working to eight babies and Macklyn is with a bunch of babies around her age. They keep up with EVERYTHING she does throughout the day and that's nice to know so I can keep up with her on the days I'm not with her.

Well, little miss completely surprised me. She's just as big a bigger social butterfly than her sister. She loves daycare and does excellent! It was still hard, but she made it so much easier by being such an awesome little trooper.

What's sad - she has had an ear infection for the past few weeks. We go back tomorrow for a two week checkup, but I'm afraid it's still there. She's still tugging and has a horrible runny nose. We'll see, though - surely, two different antibiotics should do the job. She's still as sweet as can be - up side. :)

-We finally found a church family.
This is what I am most excited about. I literally feel refreshed.

I was in such a bad place (for me! I know it can always be worse.) in my life. Nothing was enough, needed something else. Chris and I weren't happy, our marriage was suffering, our relationship with our children was suffering, and I had no motivation to do anything. School, I was dreading!

Our first visit was a little ehh. I was excited, though, because of the build up for the next week. The second week is when I knew this was the place for me. I could feel God's hand on my heart and soul - he wanted me to be there at that moment. I still tear up every week because I am so satisfied with my life now ... because of my renewed relationship with God.

I am not one to try and throw religion on anyone - I don't want to make them uncomfortable - but right now, I could just go on and on about the things that have happened since I started reading the Bible and praying during my tough moments. The power of prayer is definitely strong in my life!


Okay, I'll stop. :) I could keep going "'til the cows come home."

-and finally, (Chris and) I celebrated the big 2-8.
Not really a highlight of my year.



I can't believe I'm actually that old. I can remember meeting girls in college and finding out their age was 26 and thinking "wow, they're old!" Uhhh....excuse me 19 year old me, 26 is not old. You will be 28 one day and have to think about how old you actually are.

Now I talk to those girls that are "19 year old me" and they're all like, "oh wow, I thought you were like 22." Thank you girls, y'all are now my best friends, but I know I'm starting to look old.

It's inevitable. Wrinkle cream, here I come.

Nonetheless, we had a fun time with Chris' family this past weekend celebrating. Nothing big, just low key with the ones we love - the way we like it. My mom came up on Sunday and went to church with us, took us to lunch, then we went and did a little shopping. This weekend - we have a "Fall birthdays" celebration with my family.

That's about all for now besides boring school stuff ... and a few fun playgroup events coming up (pumpkin patch and Halloween party). We're just enjoying our days in this wonderful Fall weather!










1 comment:

  1. I always love all of your pictures!!
    You have the cutest family!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete