Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The weather...and other things

In the middle of the day yesterday, when the heat is usually at its worst, I looked up (while driving) and the temperature read 66 degrees.  66 DEGREES!!!  This is monumental in the middle of a Texas August.  Unfortunately, we didn't get our morning walk {due to rain}, but that was A-OK because I snuggled with my little puddin' face, Macklyn, all.morning.long.  {Macie stayed with my Aunt last night}

When we finally got out from under the covers, I walked to my closet and snatched my most comfy sweatshirt.  I jump at any chance I have to wear lounging clothes, and there is nothing better than cool weather lounging attire.

Our AC actually got a break!  Which is great...because we are overdue for a tune-up.  Less work = better. 

But, I'm afraid this is just a mere tease, my friends.  I checked and the weather forecast {which really means nothing, honestly} says the heat is coming back.  No 100 degree weather, but upper 90s, which is still hot.  Better, but hot.

Along with this "Fall Teaser", came a hankering for a yummy hot coffee drink!  I've always wanted to try those cinnamon lattes from Starbucks, but am afraid of spending $5 on coffee just to end up with something I don't like.  So....I decided to experiment myself.  I came up with a very easy recipe that actually ended up pretty good.


This drink is really going to come in handy when I start classes next week.  Coffee is going to be my best friend with my early mornings and late evenings!

************

So, today we pretty great.  Nothing big, but Chris is off work and we love having him at home!  This is his vacation week, however he worked Monday and Tuesday because he's a workaholic like that and wants extra dinero.

This morning, Macklyn and I met the neighbor girls and had a nice stroll around the neighborhood.  It was divine outside - so good I could have walked around at least two more times.  Macie stayed back at the house with her Daddy.  

When we got back, the whole fam headed out to have breakfast at a little diner down the road. 
  After a quick breakfast, we made the short trip back to the house - Macklyn got her breakfast....

 and I started housework.

Housework that hasn't been done in FOREVER because I NEVER have a free moment from "Little Miss Never Put Me Down."  She played with Daddy for a little bit, then needed to be fed again, then nap time, then eat again, then another nap.  In between all of that, I accomplished A LOT!  It's amazing what I can do when there is someone else to keep that little pea occupied.  It's official - I need a part-time nanny!!!

We never left the house again, just lounged around and I cleaned here and there.  Tomorrow is organizing day and I am ecstatic to get everything in order before classes start next week.  Then, the chaos officially begins!!!

1 comment: