Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pizza Theme

Tonight, after deciding that cooking dinner is overrated, I decided we would have a "pizza themed" dinner - easy and yummy!  Meat Lover's Pizza - Digiorno, not delivery :) - and fruit pizza.

I started off by making the fruit pizza.  I just made a giant cookie out of a Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, mixed together a tub of Cool Whip and cream cheese {with a tiny bit of sugar}, and cut up some strawberries then added some blackberries {Macie's favorite!}.  I don't know why, but I thought the cream cheese mixture would spread easier if I did it while the cookie was still warm....wrong....duh!  In the picture in the lower left corner, you can see that it melted a little, making it a little difficult.  I got around it, though - I always seem to.

The sweet mother I am - or child at heart, which ever you would call it - let Macie lick the beaters and bowl.  She loved it....a little too much....she decided to share with the window {and the floor, I didn't notice that until later}
 
 
Okay, maybe Macie got some because I started it.......
 What can I say?  It's delicious creaminess!  Mmmmmm.......
The final product...........

Digiorno - hey, it's not gourmet, but always a win.

Fruit Pizza - a definite hit!


Now we're all sitting around watching a movie.
I'm going to check into Sleepytown in a bit.
I'm tired.
This whole going to school every day....all day.... is getting to me.
I'm ready to get my Summer back.  
3 more weeks!




2 comments:

  1. That fruit pizza look YUMMO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, it is so good! Not too sweet - the perfect treat for summertime!

    ReplyDelete