Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Zoo Day!

Last night, I had a last minute idea to take Macie to the zoo today.  I thought she would probably have more fun if we had some "friends" around {and I really wanted to see my sister} so I sent a quick message to ask if they had plans.  For once, they DIDN'T!  She met me at my house at about 10:30 a.m. and we headed out TRYING to avoid the HEAT {I think this time of year that is near impossible}.  Loaded down with water, juice boxes, and snacks we set out for the 30 minute trip to the zoo!
 
Hannah was so sweet.  She's so good with Macie {and her little stinker brother, Noah}.





 The tiger was napping.  So cute!
 It was so interesting to get to see them so up close!
 Most of the animals were really lazy {understandable} and not doing much.  The ones that did socialize were pretty funny {I loved the cute little penguins}.  

Noah loved all of the mechanical dinosaurs that the put in all over the park.  It was so funny, he would "rawr" right back at them.  He's not scared!
 I don't know why my child looks less than interested in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE I take of the little toot!  Meanwhile, Hannah is our little poser.  And that frog was totally disappointing.  You had to pay to hear it and it only croaked for about 1 second.  Lame.
P.S. I hate whenever I accidentally shake my phone and Hipstamatic switches over to random!  This picture was supposed to look different.  Ahhh well.

 The zoo is always a hit.  This time, the biggest hit was the area by the {stinky} elephants that had the fans with the misters.  I vote the zoo put those in all areas!

 The car was super duper hot, so we waited under a tiny bit of shade while the AC cooled a little.
 The kids weren't going to last much longer.  They were hungry and tired...thank goodness it only took a few minutes!
 After a short lunch, we finally made it home....I was pooped, Macie had more energy than when we left the house, and I had no idea what I was going to do for supper because I was completely exhausted!
I got a few cuddles for about a minute......maybe.  I'll take whatever I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment