Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread Party 2011

I think I might just have the best MIL in the whole world.  No, I know I have the best!

This past weekend, she threw a Gingerbread Party for Macie. It was actually the 2nd annual decorating extravaganza because we decorated some last year, but this year she a had big, FUN, party. 

She had everything down to sweet little aprons with each girl's initial on them.  There were gingerbread shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and everything was gingerbread!  She definitely has a great talent!  I'm thinking she just needs to take over all of my children's birthday parties----hint, hint. :)

This party was all Macie talked about for weeks!  She was ready and was a great hostess.
She invited Macie's little girlfriends, Brittan and Lilly, and Brittan's little cousin Axel came along too.  We needed a boy in the mix!  He's just too cute!!!
Lilly cracks me up.  She's 6 going on 16 and has the funniest attitude.
She's beautiful and such a sweetie, nonetheless.
Getting started!
I asked Brittan to smile and this is what she flashed me.
Super model pose!
Anita help Axel with his house.

 Macie had fun decorating her house.

If you look really close at Macie's forehead, you'll see kisses from her Meme.
The finished product.






 I think they all had fun.  The after about 15 minutes of decorating, the 3 and under crowd hit up the toy room.  Lilly was good and kept decorating--I think she's the perfect age (6 years old) to do something like decorating gingerbread houses.
I think it's so neat that Macie is such great friends with her daddy's best friends' little girls.  It's truly special.  AND all three of them look just like their daddies!!!

After everyone had left and it was just family around, Ashley and I started playing around with the gingerbread men.  This one, we made for Chris.  He's a rock n roll gingerbread man.
Don't be jealous of our artistic abilities.  Although, it doesn't really compare to Ashley's gingerbread house from last year.  Seriously, that one might go in the hall of most unique gingerbread houses.  I actually found a picture of "Mr. Droopy Face".

 She might kill me for that one.  Or she might just laugh really really hard like I did. :)

We all had fun and I can't wait to do it again next year!!!




1 comment:

  1. Yes you do have the best MIL!! Everything was SO CUTE!!! [and I love the aprons!]
    You're right about the kiddos mirroring their dads! (Axel included!)

    What a fun party!!!!

    ReplyDelete