Wednesday, April 25, 2012

well, hello stranger

Long time, no bloggy.

Yes, we do fun things that I need to blog about...
but, it's near impossible to when miss priss wants to be held all. the. time.

I'm not complaining....
Well, maybe I am a little...
but I know I will miss this one day.

Macklyn has her days when she will play on her own for a little while and when this happens, I'm usually getting something done {really quickly}---like washing or folding clothes, doing the dishes, cleaning the toilets {yuck!}.

I don't want her to grow up too fast, but I am ready for her to hit the stage where she actually doesn't mind playing on her own.  She's fine if I'm right there beside her.

Oh, and sleep is great....at night.  I won't complain about that because she could have her days and nights mixed up and never sleep at night {when I do}.  She'll take a few cat naps, but usually only in my arms. 

Other than never letting me leave her alone for a minute, she is a perfect little angel.
Seriously.

She's the SWEETEST little baby.  If all babies were like her, I guarantee there would be a lot more around. 

What a little talker she is!  I would post a video of her talking and laughing, but that takes forever to load and I don't have that much time.

She constantly smiles and I LOVE IT!

Macie gets so excited because her baby sister smiles at her.

Macie sure does love Macklyn and Macklyn loves Macie too!  That warms my heart.  I hope they love each other this much forever! 

I've caught Macie trying to comfort her sister after waking from a nap or if I put her down {and she gets a little upset}.  All of the sudden the crying will stop and I look back to see sweet Macie helping me out. 

I did have to explain to her once that she can't pick Macklyn up {she had grabbed her from her rock and play and was HOLDING her in an awkward way...freaked out a little}.

~~~~~~~

Macie is great.  We've made a few trips to the park already this Spring and we'll break out the inflatable pool this week {hopefully}. 

Now that we have a baby tagging along to all of our outings, pictures aren't as frequent....unfortunately. 

I think the last time I actually took some pictures was the other day at my niece's softball game.  She's awesome, by the way.  They won and Macie had fun playing with Noah and seeing Hannah.
After a couple of Ringpops, Noah had a blue mouth and Macie thought her tongue had turned pink...because it's not already pink.

Yes, there are seven braids in Macie's hair.  Her sweet teacher did that after a Bible story at school that day.  The next day, she had to have multiple braids again--we only did four, though.

Macklyn just hung out in the Moby.  She got pretty cozy after a while and fell asleep.  Sweet girl.
 Sweet Hannah!  I'm so proud of how great she is doing in softball.

~~~~~~~

Today, I wanted to take a few pictures of the girls together--that didn't work out so well.  I got the pictures of Macklyn above, but Macie wasn't feeling it.  Maybe tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we are meeting our next door neighbor for a walk around the neighborhood.  She has a baby girl that is about 3 weeks younger than Macklyn, so we'll have a buddy growing up next door.  We went walking on Monday too and I'm hoping to make it a habit...maybe I'll drop the rest of the baby weight!

The walk was fun.  The "farmer's tan" sunburn as a result of not using any sunscreen, however, was a big FAIL. 
Look at that little happy face peeking in on the pic. :)
I guess I'm going to have to get out in a swimsuit to even out my tan soon.  It's already sleeveless weather and I can't have my arms looking like this!  I had to rethink my wardrobe this morning to ensure I didn't make everyone jealous with my sexy arms.

~~~~~~~

This past weekend, we went to Chris' mom and dad's for a little celebration for his dad's birthday.  As usual, the kiddos had fun.
Macie was a butterfly catcher for the day, then decided to strip down to her underoos and run through the sprinkler.  All I was thinking was BURRR!  She wasn't even phased.
I think this might be the first picture of the three of us since the day she was born and I'm pretty sure we don't have one of the four of us.  Sad.

So, that's what has been going on with us lately.  I say it every time, but I really hope I can start keeping up with blogging a little better.  I know, I know... just set the baby down, Erin.


2 comments:

  1. I thought this was a great post... all of the sweet pictures playing right along with the song! It made me laugh, though, because in my head I was thinking, "is that Macie with the 67 braids?!" and then the next sentence was you clarifying!! LOL

    I need to know about that chevron pattern... I haven't seen it on my PicFrame app, so I have to wonder if you have found another diamond in the rough?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she wouldn't take those braids out that night then the next morning was World War III in our house trying to come to a compromise to get the naps out of her head. We agreed on 4 eventually.

      The new collage maker I used is called PhotoFrame & FX. Honestly, it's nothing terribly special, but I do like the chevron (there's blue and green) and they have a cheetah and zebra print that I may use.

      Delete