Monday, January 9, 2012

36 Weeks!!!

I just realized that I haven't done a "belly blog" in a while.  With the busy holiday season, I guess I just forgot.  Poor baby, becoming chopped liver around here!

Well, I am now in my final month of this pregnancy and it seems to have FLOWN!  I can't believe I will be a mommy to two sweet girly girls in (approximately) 29 days. So, for a few of my stats and the belly reveal:

How far along?  36 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: As of today, 28 pounds (YIKES!!!).  My goal is to not gain any more than 35....seeing as I only gained 25 with Macie.
Maternity clothes? Been in those for a while.  I’m mainly just wearing maternity leggings from Motherhood.  Those things have been my clothing staple.  Thank goodness because maternity jeans are so uncomfortable for me - constantly pulling them up!
Stretch marks? No, I think I’m in the clear this time around too.
Best moment this week: Finally getting the crib set up.  This one was so much easier putting together than the last one.  I think it only had about 5 steps in the instructions.  Whew!
Miss Anything? Bending over, pulling off shoes, not having to take a whole minute to get up from sitting position, eating a full meal, sitting without having to stretch out, regular jeans, and I’m sure I could name many more.
Movement: A lot of strong kicks and punches to the ribs and hips.
Food cravings: Don’t really have any cravings, just food aversions.  I’m not a big meat eater.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not yet.
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender: Hopefully still a girl!
Labor Signs: Just BH!
Belly Button in or out? Flat and weird looking.
Wedding rings on or off? On most days.  On the warmer days, I have to take them off while at home.  I won’t go out without them though!
Happy or Moody most of the time: For the most part, I’m happy.  I am starting to get moody though....poor Chris and Macie.
Looking forward to: Deciding what we’re going to do with the nursery - "last minute Lucy" over here. :)

{I found that questionnaire on a blog a while back, copied and 
pasted into pages - wish I had been doing it all along.}

So, yeah, I'm pretty much becoming a miserable blob.  That's how it was with Macie too - everything's great until the last month.  I meant to ask my OB if we would do things just as we did with Macie {an induction on her due date}, but the office was a tad busy and sounded like a circus {seriously parents, make your kids turn down the volume on your iPhone when playing games in an office!}.  Plus, I knew I could just wait and ask him next Monday {since I'm going WEEKLY now}.

My mom and I got the bed assembled, finally, this weekend.  Chris was a busy bee too - he put together Macie's trampoline {with the help of his friend, Jared - thanks Jared!}, little outdoor playhouse, and a picnic table.  That was all on Sunday.  Saturday, with the help of his dad, he replaced the door knob to the garage, replaced the fan for the nursery, and hung new blinds in pretty much every room of our house.  I still have to go exchange two sets because the boxes were missing the hardware.  Seriously, how do you not check your returns???.  He was saying he's already done more this year than he did all last year - he's right.  I'm thankful for all he's done and how sweet he has been to me in my little freak out moments.

This week is Macie's Birthday and her party is this weekend.  How did 4 sneak up on us so quickly?  It still seems like she was born just yesterday.  I'm hoping to decorate tonight and make some cupcakes for her school tomorrow.  I thought about not sending her to school, but I remember loving school birthdays.  She'll have more fun there with her friends than at home {plus, I've already paid for it!}.  She's going to have a Frogs and Fairies party this weekend, so stay tuned for a post about that.  I'll be busy all week getting ready for that - a million things to do!

We're busy, busy, busy around here! 



1 comment:

  1. I feel like time flies the older they get... Maddox is 3 1/2 today.
    Where did that come from!!

    I think you will see that once baby girl #2 comes, times just moves faster!! (It's crazy!!)

    You are still so cute... and little.

    I only gained 20 the first time and then 30 (maybe 35?!, I can't remember) the 2nd time but it all comes off the same way-- don't sweat it!!

    Breastfeeding does miraculous things!! ;)

    ReplyDelete