Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Christmas in a Nutshell

The weekend before Christmas, we went to stay with the Pikes and had Christmas there.  We had so much fun!

Saturday, we had a gift exchange at Chris' Meemaw's house.  That's always fun, I think.  Macie was lucky enough to get a few presents of her own including books, a Princess Yahtzee game, and a very special fairy house made especially for her by her Aunt Sherri {it is precious!}.  We filled our tummies with too much yummy food, visited for a while, then headed over to Chris' parents house for the night.

After a good night's sleep, we woke to a yummy breakfast and great company.  It's so nice to spend time with the whole family!  

Then, it was time for presents--Macie, as well as Chris and I, were given way too many goodies for our own good!  We are most definitely loved by our sweet family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Eve, Chris had to work.....Boo.....but only that morning.  

That evening, we went to see my side of the family at my Grandma and Grandad's house.  Every year, it seems, there is a new addition to our Christmas over there.  My cousin and his wife had a baby this year then next year, there will be 3 more babies {including our girl}. 

We have a tradition of having all the kids run outside to look for Santa in the sky, meanwhile someone {my Grandma aka Santa} is inside placing the stockings in each child's spot.  I can remember doing this as a child and I will forever hold onto those memories!
We all stuffed our faces yet again {I'm dreading the next OB appt when I step on the scale!} and visited.  After we were finished down there, we headed up to my mom and dad's house to have our Christmas with them.
Macie was excited to get clothes, candy, and TWO rolling toys--a pair of roller skates and a scooter {helmet included}.  We all received too much and I am so thankful for our generous family!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, we made it to Christmas morning.  Chris got up really early to put together Macie's "Santa gift" and I came out a little later to set up everything.  I figured we would just go back to sleep until Macie felt like waking up, but Chris was ready to wake her up.  It took zero coaxing after the phrase "I think Santa was here" came out of Chris' mouth.  She was up and at 'em by then!
Santa brought Macie her very first bicycle!
I was afraid she wouldn't like it because she was asking for so many things, and never said she wanted a bike.  I was so glad to see her so excited.  She also received a few other small things from Santa, then from us she got a book with an interactive Mama bear and a vintage style record player.  We keep it to a minimum because she's given so much from our families!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we finished Christmas with our little family of three {the last one ever!}, we went to spend time with my dad's side of the family at my late Grandmother's house.  We wanted to have one final Christmas at her home before my dad and his siblings sell.  It was very nice, we had a great traditional meal just like Grandma Barbara used to cook, did a gift exchange, and spent the day lazing around the house like we used to.  

The gift exchange was pretty fun.  My brother in law, Wade, got a Shake Weight and that was the highlight of the evening.  All the guys wanted to take their turn.  Funny stuff!
After a long day, Chris and I finally headed home.  My body was exhausted and all I needed was a good night's sleep.  Between Christmas shopping for weeks and driving all over, my body was shot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needless to say, we had a wonderful Christmas.  We were definitely blessed with a wonderful family, both mine and Chris' sides. 

After all of the Christmas madness, we decided to stay home for New Year's Eve.  It was nice and relaxing.  We had a few yummy "appetizers", sparkling grape juice, and enjoyed some quality family time.  We are looking forward to the new year and what it has in store for our little family!

2 comments:

  1. A few things...
    I love Marrianne's curtains. And her wrapping paper. I always pick 2 coordinating papers and I see she does the same!!
    I love the little cowboy!
    I love the way Macie is standing in the leopard pjs... cracked me up.
    We also got Maddox a bike and he didn't ask for it-- but I wanted it for him/... and he loved it!
    I super-love your tree skirt.
    Finally, and maybe most random-- You have such good hair. [I am jealous!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you! You're so sweet. I really wish Marianne would come and decorate my house for me. I'm counting on her input for the baby room! :) That little cowboy is my cousin's son and all he wears is cowboy getup--it's too cute! The tree skirt is a quilt I got on MAJOR clearance at Anthropologie, so I will get to use it throughout the year as well. I thought it was a good purchase! :) As for my hair, I used to hate it because it's so thick and wavy, but since I've stopped coloring it I have come to like it more. It's a hassle, but I'm afraid to cut a huge amount off!

    ReplyDelete