Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby Stuff

After I got many different funny looks from my OB when I told him that I didn't have ANYTHING yet (at my 37w appt.), I decided I had better make it my #1 priority to set out to find baby gear!

You see, I'm that person that wants to find the BEST deal on whatever I'm buying.....even if it means I'm only saving $5.  I despise buying something then finding that it's less expensive right down the road.  I've also been hoarding coupons for products at various baby stores and I've saved a pretty good amount of money so far.

 I guess you could say all last week, I gave myself a mini shower.



 Thanks, Holly, for the K'tan suggestion.  I've been practicing with Macie's baby dolls.
 I can't wait to see if this bouncer works as great as I think it will.  It's not fancy schmancy, but it has an automatic bounce instead of relying on the baby's movements.  Macie LOVED to be bounced and she probably would have loved this as a baby.  Let's just hope this baby is the same!
 I really liked this pack n play because it has a changing table that isn't suspended in the air like all of the Graco ones I looked at that had horrible reviews because of that (the baby would roll to the side).  Also, it's pretty gender neutral and still a tiny bit girly looking.  It doesn't hurt that it was less expensive than the others I had considered too!!!
After I had Macie, I was convinced I wouldn't have another baby and if I did it wouldn't be for a VERY LONG TIME.  I guess it has been a while, but not as long as I figured back then.  So, I gave most of the big items away along with most of Macie's clothes from her first year (minus a few "special" pieces). 

When we thought we were having a boy, this didn't bother me.  When we found out it was a girl, I was sick that I hadn't saved anything.  So, this time around I bought everything "gender neutral", besides clothing (what's a little girl without foofy bows, pink, and purple?).

I'm not saying we will have another baby, but if we do we will be prepared.  I'm definitely not giving anything away this time!  We have a huge attic and plenty of storage containers, so I'll manage to find somewhere to place everything.

Needless to say, the only things I didn't have to buy were the bed, mattress, high chair, and....yep that's pretty much it.  I wouldn't have had a bed either (because of the "no drop side cribs law"), but my mom bought that a few months back.

It's a Jenny Lind bed - a classic style and so cute!  No, it's not finished and neither is the room.

Words of advice for all of you expecting:  Don't buy gender specific (just in case) and don't give ANYTHING away, no matter how tired you are of looking at it.....unless, of course, you have a never ending supply of $$$.  :)

I bought myself a nice set of pajamas for the hospital after I get to change.  It came with a nursing top and a nice cover up for when we have visitors.  I figure I will get a lot of use out of these and will probably end up buying a few more tops.  I didn't have anything handy like that with Macie - I was totally clueless about anything with her - so I just made do with t-shirts and that proved to be difficult when I had company.  I also have a nursing cover for when we're out in public.
So, here I am - 38 weeks.  I haven't gained a pound, or even an ounce, over the past month.  I'm ready. 
I'm getting cankles on a nightly basis and waking up feeling like my back is going to break and my feet are about to burst.  I'm sure I'm a pretty sight bright and early!
I talked to my OB and we set up an induction date for February 3.  I'm excited and nervous and freaking out.  That's a week and a half away - just enough time to get her room looking presentable.  Hopefully I will be posting a picture of a beautiful nursery, for the most part, BEFORE she makes her debut!  Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the peg perego!! Fancy smancy!! I am J!

    Enjoy the K'tan... I still love mine!

    I am the EXACT SAME WAY about deals... I never pay full price for anything... except groceries. I don't have to patience to coupon at the supermarket!

    I didn't get rid of ANYTHING after Maddox but I think I need to do a better job of letting go this round because after they are out of the onesie and carter pants stage, you feel bad dressing them in hand me downs all of the time so you end up buying their own stuff anyway. Meaning Beckham has WAY too many clothes!!

    You still look so cute and tiny... and your toes make me realize how terrible mine look!!!

    You are SO CLOSE NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog.... I'm Holly's former teacher (and Chris's and Matt's and Nick's and Ashley's). I was the one posting on Holly's page about crashing I mean chaperoning the girl get-together. It makes me happy to see all of my former students happy and healthy. Macie is a cutie-pie. Hope all goes well with Baby Pike #2. :)

    ReplyDelete