Wednesday, February 1, 2012

bittersweet.

I am 39 weeks today and I'm going in for a scheduled induction in two days.
Please excuse my dirty dirty mirror - the "organic" glass cleaner I used is something terrible...eek!  Not using that again!!!
This will probably be my final belly picture for the blog and it's starting to make me a a little sad.  I'm sure I will take some in the hospital, but whether or not I post them is pending - depends on how bad I look.

I have really LOVED being pregnant this time around.  I wouldn't mind staying pregnant for a little longer - even with all of the new pains popping up each day at this bitter end.

I know a lot of people are against inducing, but for me and my family this is just the right thing to do.  I had a great experience with Macie doing this and this time around everything is actually more favorable than they were with her.  I'm confident that everything is going to go very smoothly.

I honestly thought I was going into labor on my own last Friday.  It was a crazy experience and I am not a fan of surprises, especially when I have other plans for a whole week to prepare for delivery.  So, here's the scoop on my false labor:

Macie and I had just pulled up to play group at a local park when I started getting a crampy and tightening feeling in my back and belly.  I didn't really think anything of it right then because I hadn't eaten and I figured it was just hunger pains.  So, I had a little snack and talked with the other mommies for a while, drank a lot of water....meanwhile, the pains never went away.  

We left the park and headed over to another momma's house to play a little longer.....the pains got worse and more strong and frequent.  I needed to use the restroom and I figured I had just waited too long, so I took a bathroom break.  After I was finished it was even worse!  I was calm this whole time, but at this time I went into freak out mode.  

I went back into the living room and asked another mother that had recently had a baby {all natural, by the way....WOW} what real contractions felt like {I don't remember them with Macie and all I've been having are BH}.  She told me and then proceeded to tell me that I was could possibly be in active labor from the sound of how things were happening.  

That moment, I started tearing up.  I was overcome by so many emotions and all I could think was {{CRAP}}.  I was so not ready yet.  I asked everyone what I was supposed to do because my plan was to have everything PLANNED.  They told me to call my husband {but all I was thinking was there's nothing he can do, he's in STEPHENVILLE working}.  I called him and, of course, he acts like I'm just over reacting.

I called my mom and she sent me an email with signs and symptoms of labor from the Mayo Clinic - all my symptoms.  I texted my friend, Mandy, to see what her experience was and she told me that my symptoms were what she had in early labor and that I should call my OB to see what they say.  I was freaking out even more.

So, I went home, called my OB's office to leave a voicemail, and while I was waiting for a call back I cleaned the house.  I finally got a call back and the nurse told me that it sounded like it could be the real deal and to get my bags packed that she was calling L&D to let them know I was coming in.  I packed up and headed out, dropped Macie off with Mandy, and headed to L&D.  

Still having regular contractions, a nervous wreck, and all alone.

I got checked in and hooked up.  The nurse was so nice!  She checked me {I hadn't changed much from my last OB appt}.  They monitored me for a a good 3 1/2 hours and even with regular contractions, I was sent home due to no change.

~~~~~~~~~~

Here I am today, 5 days later, still with baby in tow.  Back to having only BH during the day, but now I have "real" ones during my sleep.

I think she just wanted to scare me into finishing everything that I needed to get done.  All of the products and gear are now purchased - EVERYTHING I needed is ready and waiting on baby.
My mom and I picked out and bought material to re-cover my glider and ottoman and my MIL and I went the next day to get the material for the bedding and curtains.  The room is going to take a little longer, but I'm not worried about that - she will have a perfect room when it's finally finished for her.

I didn't get a picture of the material for the glider, but this is the fabric for everything else.  
So cute - I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH i can not wait to see your final nursery... I LOVE LOVE LOVE your material!

    I was the same way during B's pregnancy... i wanted it to last a little longer.
    I'm not sure if I just savore the pregnancy a little more-- or if I was terrified of mothering two?!?!

    But either way, i get ya'!

    You are almost there!!!
    I'm (oddly) nervously excited for you... I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete