Monday, August 22, 2011

Finally...Catching Up!

Oh my gosh, here I go!

Life has just been a full schedule lately.  Last weekend, we had two Birthday parties {my daddy's and our friends' kiddos Brooks and Avery's pool party}.

Macie loves a good swim party.....so much she never wants to get out.

It was a busy day, but we had a lot of fun and didn't get home until about midnight.  Definitely slept in the next morning!
Macie is going to be in preschool this year!  ....TEAR....  She will only be in school twice a week while I'm at school, but it will be all.day.long...makes me sad to know I won't see my baby girl by 2 o'clock every day.

We bought all of her supplies and a brand new "Back To School" dress for her first day.

You can find these dresses and many, MANY other cute clothes and goodies at Junebug Couture or Positively YOUnique.  Check them out, you will fall in love with it all!!!
I think we're just overcompensating for having such a lazy Summer....trying to fit everything into the last couple of weeks.  I'm a procrastinator and always work best under pressure.  I guess I'm consistent and that rolls over into my everyday life too.

Last week Hannah came to stay with us for a night.

Macie is more than happy to have Hannah over.  I know Hannah is quite a bit older {almost 9}, but she is so sweet to Macie and luckily all of the dress-up clothes run a tad big and come with an elastic waist band. 
I had a "just for fun" ultrasound done where my MIL works.  I don't want to take too much advantage, but let me tell ya, it's nice to know I can go in whenever I want {pretty much} and see my little active baby love bouncing around and sucking that cute little thumb.  Ahhh....so much fun!

When I got home, I was showing Chris video and telling him about the baby's size and what all was going on inside.  He thinks it's all so weird.  I do too, but I won't tell him that.  It's weird and wonderful all at the same time - I feel so lucky to get to go through this a second time.  I learned from Macie what to enjoy and what I should jot down for future reference.  I was so horrible about keeping up with my pregnancy with Macie - luckily I have a pretty decent memory.

Thumb sucker!
 Kickin' it.
I can't wait to feel and see the baby move around!

This Friday is the BIG GENDER REVEAL APPOINTMENT!!!  I wanted to try and have a gender reveal party, but I don't think I can wait that long to know....and if I found out before, there is no way I could keep it to myself all day/afternoon long until the evening for dinner.  NO WAY I could do it!  I'm so excited and I think Chris is too.  He took off work for the big day, so actually I know he's excited.  He's thinking boy, I'm thinking girl.  I just have this gut feeling it's a girl, but I could be wrong.  
This past Saturday was Hannah's 9th Birthday Party.  

Wow, 9 years.....I remember the sweet little baby girl that I was so proud of - I thought everything she did was genius and that she was the smartest little baby on the planet.  I've never stopped thinking she is wonderfully smart and I will be a proud Aunt for the rest of my life.
Sunday was less than eventful, for Macie and I at least.  Chris played golf with his dad that morning and I made my first "big" real dinner in months {chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac 'n cheese}.  It exhausted me.  Never again for a while....I'm sticking to casserole or crockpot recipes, that's all there is to it.  Chris was happy and wouldn't stop telling me thank you for cooking such a good meal.  How flattering. 
So here we are, back to another Monday.  

Today I had an appointment with the baby Dr. and finally heard the heartbeat - 156 bpm.  What a sweet sound!  Old wives tale on heart rate says girl....we'll see. :)

Tomorrow is Macie's first day of preschool and hopefully I will get back to my "Toilet Paper Tuesday" post.  I know I have gotten a little bigger since the last one, but no weight gain.  That will all hit me at the end like it did with Macie, I imagine.

I will definitely have a post Friday.....and it will include the big news!  Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you Erin, my bet is a girl. Can't wait to find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking boy...
    Can't wait for the reveal!!!

    Sono pics always melt my heart!

    And what's toilet paper Tuesday?
    Maybe I want to do it too?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy predictions outweigh girls Jessica! You pulling for the underdog? :)

    Holly, toilet paper Tuesday is measuring your baby bump with toilet paper squares. Unless you want to post your shrinking waistline, it'll have to wait for the next baby. :)

    ReplyDelete