Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Macie's First Day of Preschool

10 Questions to Ask Your Child About First Day at School:

1) Tell me about the best part of your day.
2) What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
3) Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
4) Tell me about what you read in class.
5) Who did you play with today? What did you play?
6) Do you think math [or any subject] is too easy or too hard?
7) What's the biggest difference between this year and last year?
8) What rules are different at school than our rules at home? 
9) Who did you sit with at lunch?
10) Can you show me something you learned (or did) today?


That was what I wanted to ask Macie about her first day of school, but that didn't seem to workout very well.  Obviously, a couple are more for older kids, but I was going to go off the list anyhow.  

Her teacher said she did very well, but wouldn't nap at nap time {she did, however, lie very still and stayed calm while the others slept}.  Pick-up made me feel so special.  I walked into the gym, where all the kiddos were playing, and Macie spotted me from a mile away.  She ran yelling, "Momma!"

When I started to ask her the questions {after getting into the car} she answered a couple, then lost interest.  All she was interested in was juice boxes and getting home.  Man, plan failed.  Oh well, I'll keep the list and see if she'll get better over the years.

She didn't want me to take her picture in the car, but I did anyway.

This is what I got. 
When we got home, I had to bribe her to take a couple of pictures.  She's too young to understand "humor me", so I offered a juicy box and a surprise. 

This is what I got from that.

I think we can conclude that the first day of preschool was a success! 

Now she's exhausted.

And I am too.....

We'll do it all over again on Thursday!!!

1 comment: