Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Park Day!

There's not a lot going on with us lately and it's been so relaxing

Lately, we've been trying to save money wherever we can so Macie and I have had lots of park visits.  Today, we set out to find the ducks with our out-of-date bread.  I know of one spot that the ducks hang out, but when we got there the business had signs up that said either customer parking or no parking {UGH}--later I talked to Chris and he said I should have gone in a bought a drink, but look at me Ms. Nothinker.  Anyway, we left to find somewhere else.  No luck, but we did visit two different parks {one of which I thought we might access the ducks from, but nope}.

The good thing about a 3-year-old is that anywhere you visit besides home is really awesome, especially when you go to two different parks!

 
Whenever we got home, Macie {of course} asked to paint.  I told her that we could as long as she would have a funny photo session with me.  She said okay--so easy to negotiate with {most of the time}. 


And Tex wanted some love too!


I think we knocked out our outdoor activities just in time because it looks like the rain is rolling in {at least I hope!}.




Sometimes the clouds can look so wicked, but they are super neat looking!

Well, Macie and I are going to lounge for a while, then think of something to cook for dinner.  I got a call from the husband about an hour ago and he asked me what I'm cooking for supper {I told him I hadn't even thought about that}.  Too bad I forgot that I was going to make smothered pork chops in the slow cooker.  I don't think they will taste that great cooking for only 2-3 hours--tomorrow, I guess.  I'm sure I will pull something out of the woodwork.  

  

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures... some of them look like pics from instagram- but where do you make the collages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Today all I had was my iphone, but I love taking pics with my camera (even though I have no clue how to use it). Some of them are pictures from instagram--in older posts. I make my collages at Picnik. I've been on the lookout for an app on the iphone, but haven't found anything worth my while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a nice camera and love to take pictures--
    but I promise I am more clueless than you!!
    It is my goal to learn my camera... but I never find the time to sit down and make it a priority!!
    ...one day! :)

    ReplyDelete