Friday, October 28, 2011

A little Halloweenie

I've been terrible about updating, I know.  I'm just so tired that I have nothing to write about...unless you want to hear my gripes about my dirty house that is near impossible to keep picked up.  So anyway....

Today was our play group Halloween party!  Yay for kiddo time/mommy time!  Macie had a good time with her little girlfriends and I guess she played with a few boys {sort of}. 

Last night I made all of our goodies to take with us to the party.

We took:
Chocolate covered goodness----pretzels with white and milk chocolate w/sprinkles, chocolate covered marshmallows, and peanut butter filled Bugles w/tips dipped in white and dark chocolate.

Yummy!!!

Yes, they made a huge mess in my kitchen.....YES they were GOOD!!!

And

A Cheese ball----no pictures during the making, just one after I got home and sat down for an afternoon snack...
Love me some cheese ball!

My feet still hurt from standing up making all of this last night!

-----------

This morning was a pretty big test of my patience getting ready.  Miss Priss was really excited to dress up as Princess Jasmine, so we scooted on into the bathroom for a hair makeover {to look as much like Princess Jasmine's long luxurious locks as we could achieve}.  Needless to say, Macie has quite a bit less hair than Jasmine, but I did my best to replicate.  I thought she looked cute!

Then I started getting myself ready and along comes Monster Macie griping about her costume itching.  Oh boy----here we go.  Once that started, I was already exhausted.  I asked what she wanted to do about it and she said she wanted to put on her Belle costume {the one I got for trick or treating}.  So, we put on Belle......that's itchy too.  Lots of tears, an exhausted momma, and still no makeup or hair fixed {for me}.  I just left her in my bed {in just her panties} to calm down while I finished getting ready. 

A little alone time to calm down does a lot of good because after I was dressed, she was ready to get back into Jasmine mode.  We redid her hair {messed up during the fit} and she was ready for wardrobe.  From then on out, everything went perfectly...thank goodness!

The party was fun!

The house we were at has a huge, very fun playhouse/swing set {I wish we could get this for Macie!}.

 They played a donut on a rope eating contest!
Macie just nibbled on it a little. :) 
But said "forget that" and ate it the "normal way"...
 And decided to be a prissy pot!
There was a little craft table, but I was too busy helping Macie with her craft to get any pictures.

I'm glad it ended up a good day because I'm exhausted.  Now I'm gonna chill out for a bit before I start scrubbing the house.

because....i'm tired.
that = tired face

1 comment: