Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Doctor, Sea Life, And The Weekend....

Last Thursday was a very busy day for Miss Macie and me.  We woke up, got ready, and headed out for the day:

1st Stop
My Dr. appt. - which went pretty well.  Just a routine visit.  We went through the usual stuff, then he attempted to listen for the heart with a doppler.  He couldn't find it and said it was normal to not get a heart rate on the doppler at 11 weeks {I think I just have a stubborn kid}.  Honestly, I'm not familiar with early prenatal care {because I didn't go in with Macie until about 16 weeks}, so I was a little worried at first.  So anyway, the sweetheart brought in his wheeled ultrasound machine and said "easy as that....see the little heart flickering?"  I was so excited!  Then the little pea started kicking around - already an active little bugger!  Macie was very active, so I won't be surprised if it's the same with this one.

Ultrasound picture! :)

12 week "belly"
2nd Stop
A trip for Macie - Sea Life at Grapevine Mills Mall.  The drive there...I'm going to be honest...was terrible.  I'm not familiar with that area and my GPS sent me through the stinkin' air port!!!  Well, it was all worth it for how much fun Macie had that day.  She loves sea creatures and probably would have stayed there looking around for hours if we would have let her. 

This is the best I could get with the bad lighting {plus, it didn't help that she moved quicker than lightening.}


P.S. They have a play area and if you want your kids to play in there, bring socks.  Poor Macie had on sandals and we had no socks {and I refuse to pay $1 for a pair from the gift shop...I know, I'm cheap}.  We have season passes, so the next time we go, I'll make sure to bring socks!

Macie was so scared of the glass floor.  She's so funny.


P.P.S. They don't allow flash photography, so I got crummy pictures.  At least I got some! :)
These were so neat - this one changed to three different colors in the short time we were there!

So, after Sea Life we headed over to The Rainforest Cafe.  The wait was long, but Macie really enjoyed the atmosphere.  We went a long time ago {when she was 1 1/2}, so she didn't get it then....this time she was really curious and loved it!

3rd Stop {me time}
Macie went home with her Lolli and I headed back to Granbury with a great idea that my mom needed to meet me for a 6:45 showing of Harry Potter.  Chris isn't a big fan of anything that has anything to do with using your imagination, so he refused to see it with me.  My sweet momma ended up coming and meeting me, so we had our Harry Potter fix.  I'm sad that it's finally ended.  I remember reading the first two books on my trip to London and seeing the first film with my bff, Lori {on a school night}.  Oh, the memories!

So, Thursday was an eventful day and I am happy to say I made it through without getting too fatigued.  I think the tortellini at lunch and nachos and candy at the movies helped me keep my energy running high.  Friday, was a lazy day.  I had all intentions to clean my house {minus a three year old terror} but I chose rest instead.

The weekend was lazy, too.  Saturday, we ran over to my parents' house to visit with them before their trip to Mexico - swam, ate a good authentic Mexican lunch from Zapatas in Meridian, visited with family, and relaxed {I had a 2 hour nap!}.  Sunday, we sat around the house, I took another {3 hour} nap, then we ended it with dinner at Tumbleweed BBQ in Cresson.  I'm telling you, LAZY!

So, due to the laziness I have a ton of housework to get done.  You see, I'm here blogging and should be cleaning.  I'll just go ahead and get on top of that!  {Right}

No comments:

Post a Comment