Monday, July 11, 2011

Back from my hiatus....

So....I'm finally back.  Officially out of school {well the driving to school at least - still have an online class} and ready to party with Miss Macie for the rest of the Summer.  AND I'm so excited!  I'm going to have to sit down with her and discuss what activities she would like to do.  I know we will probably visit our "beach" a few times {at least}, we might try and head over to a nearby water park, and I'm not sure what else - go play with cousins lots, we'll just fly by the seat of our pants.

Honestly, we haven't been up to a heck of a lot.  We've been busy, but not a lot going on.  During the week we're the boring family. Chris works late every night and I've hardly even found time to cook and clean.  The house is a mess and I really should be cleaning now.  Oh well, a little blog time isn't going to hurt anything.  The cleaning isn't going anywhere, it will be there when I'm finished. 

So, I have been following the Casey Anthony trial since she was first posted all over Nancy Grace back in '08.  That was the year Macie was born and it just broke my heart that a mother could act in such a way.  "Missing" for 31 days and nothing but partying and getting tattoos for the mother?  Something is wrong right there.  Even if it was an accident, she should have to pay some sort of price.  No real mother would neglect their child in such a way.  I wish there was some way to keep her from producing any more children because she doesn't deserve the love of an innocent child. 

That being said, I came across a crazy article that made me giggle....a lot.  This "lady" decided it would be a great idea to use her mommy juice as a weapon.  Seriously, I didn't realize that breast milk could be used as a legit assault weapon.  Must be some powerful stuff.  In all seriousness, I hope they get her on some good "happy pills" and send her to therapy.  Poor lady....yikes.

Well anyway, onto what we have been up to.  4th of July weekend, we stayed in Paradise.  Spent time with the family, celebrated my BIL, Matt's bday, and on the 4th we attended Chris' cousin, Colin's, engagement party.  It was hot, hot, hot, but Macie had a fun time because she got to go SWIMMING in her Aunt Sheri's pool.  She loved playing with her cousin, Elizabeth - Macie really thinks a lot of her and she is so sweet to Macie.


Happy Birthday Uncle Matt!

My silly girl


My little lady
Sorry, I'm cutting this one short.  I've worked on it for a couple of days and I think it's time to move onto another one.  I'm hoping to have some activities planned this week and lots of pictures to post!  Yay for Summer break!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the black and white row of pictures... and the one of Macie winking is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You've won my giveaway for the custom bean bag blocks! I just need you to email me your email address so I can get you in touch with the designer. Yay, congrats! :)

    amy
    agoodlifeblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete