Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A movie date....sort of

Today, Macie and I went to see a movie....Cars 2, at the theater.  $10 for the movie and $16 for popcorn, snacks, and a drink....just to not see the end.  Yep, that's right.  Macie was ready to go home.  I tried to get her to stay, but I kept thinking about the little "warnings" before the movie - turn off your cell phone....remove disruptive children from the theater....you know what I'm talking about.  I just had a feeling that she was going to be one of the "disruptive" if we didn't vamanos soon, so I didn't take any chances.  We left and the little stinker was happy as a lark....except when we got to the car and she complained about it being too hot {I guess I really need to plan a water park day}.  She wanted to stop at Sonic for "a cheeseburger, french fries, chicken, and a sprite" but we kept trucking along {or car-ing along, since I do drive a car now} all the way home.  After spending $26 on a matinee just to not see the ending, I was done spending for the day.

Anyway, we got home and little miss had a bowl of her favorite soup, Campbell's Princess, and then she wanted a Popsicle.  She had a lovely blue one.  About 10 minutes later it was all gone and there was a mysterious blue dot on her nose.  I asked her, "Macie, where did that blue on your nose come from." To which she replied "nowhere."  I honestly really don't know where it came from because when she finished, I didn't see a blue mark anywhere on her body.  Ends up it was all over her ear and her hands.  Where did this mysterious blue come from???

So now we're just hangin' inside, trying to beat the heat.  We're snacking on pretzels, and drinking tons of water Kool-Aid.  Boo on you Texas Summer, boo....on....you!



I'm not sure what tomorrow has in store for us, but I'm going to figure something out - I'm already tired of sitting in the house. 


And I think she is too!

I actually think I'm going to have to go back into town now because I have nothing to cook for dinner.  It's amazing, I go grocery shopping once a week and always seem to still need SOMETHING from the store.  Well, here's to beating the after work crowd....ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment