Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tears and Happiness

" A woman wears her tears like jewelry." - Author unknown

What a glamorization of something that I consider my least flattering face.  Crying.  Something I have done a lot of lately.  I have been thinking about my Grandma Barbara a lot lately and while we hadn't been as close in the past few years as before, I still loved her very much and always will.  Happy things are taking place in my life and I have one less person here on Earth to share my news with.  
I cry about silly things, just reading a quote will make me cry, I cry about how much a love my sweet Macie, I will cry reading a news article, a blog, a book.  Heck I'm teary-eyed right now - EMOTIONAL!  
Back in May, I found out some exciting news.  May 26, I found out Chris and I are expecting a little lovey boo.  I have already been to the doctor - saw the sweet little bean growing and thriving - and I will go back June 21.  Due date is February 7, according to my calculations and February 10, according to the little spin wheel at the dr. office.  Maybe this one will share a birthday with my BFF, Lori {2/12} AND Abraham Lincoln!  Macie and the new one will be almost exactly 4 years apart.  A little farther apart than I had planned, but I think it will be good having a 4 year old helper around the house.  She will be more independent and willing to help {I hope!}.  
7 weeks
I was a little reluctant to share any news because we lost a little one back in December.  Now I am past where I was last time, so I am starting to feel good and confident with this one.  Plus, I've gotten to the point where I'm not going to be able to hide it anymore.  I don't know how to keep my mouth shut and  I am sick, sick, sick - makes me think GIRL!  Honestly, I think I want another girl.  I love all things girly and I've already had experience with one.  I will be happy with whatever I get after the heartache I've gone through, though!
Grow baby grow!  I'm ready for the bump!
  I asked Macie is she wants a brother or sister and first she said she wants Hannah and Noah {her cousins}, then she went on to say she wanted two of them {okay?}, and finally she says sister.  Of course, don't all girls want sisters?  She says she's going to name her "Girly."  Maybe a nickname?  Ha!
This is the new layering I finally figured out on Picnik!

3 comments:

  1. A. I love your layering!! It looks AWESOME!! I need to mess around with it!
    B. I am excited that the cat is out of the bag! I can't wait to follow your preggo journey! --Like literally I am giddy and I have never met you in real life!! (does that make me crazy?!)
    C. I had some Hudson maternity jeans that I LOVED with B... Those aren't maternity but it made me think of them and miss being preggo!
    D. You are so pretty and Macie is too... Chris is one lucky man! But for him, I am secretly hoping for a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Erin and family! This is such exciting news, especially after a loss. I know how hard that can be, so I am praying for your new little one to keep growing strong and healthy. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Erin. Silly as it sounds, even though we were more aquatints than friends in high school, I love to keep up with your blog. I will be praying for your sweet blessing, and for you as well. Stay cool with miss Macie. Only a little while longer of this blustering heat!!

    ReplyDelete