Friday, November 18, 2011

"One of those days"

We all have them.  Today was it for me.
Well, a combination of yesterday and today. 

Yesterday started out okay.  I skipped school (bad, but for Macie's school Thanksgiving lunch).
I think that's what threw everything off.

On my way home from dropping Macie off at school, I decided I needed a Starbucks.  I had wanted to try the Holiday Peppermint Mocha.  Ordered, she handed me what she called a Peppermint Mocha, and off I went towards the boonies {where we live in relation to civilization aka "town"}. 

I get home and start fixing my hair, take a big gulp, and thought "man, this doesn't taste anything like peppermint."  I look at the label and she had handed me a pumpkin spice latte.....that looked as if it had been sipped about 1/3 of the way down.  Ahhhh!

So, that's just one minor setback........everything is fine.

Chris' mom came in for the lunch and that made Macie a happy girl.
I thought it would be fun to go down to the square and get some ice cream together, 
but Macie thought we needed to go to the park.

My MIL was leaving town, so we didn't really have the time to make it to the park.
She was going to meet my SIL and asked us to go, but Macie was in such a terrible 
mood that I decided we better stay home.  

Of course, I dealt with a huge fit because we weren't going to the park.
Let me tell ya, life is not fun when Macie is in a rotten mood.

I managed to get a dinner thrown together, but by the time Chris got home
I was exhausted and ready for bed.  I closed my eyes and was out as soon as
my head hit the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward to this morning.

Our day started out pretty good, besides bossy pants demanding eggs.
I think she thinks they just magically make themselves as fast a lightening.
I always take too long according to her.  So, anyway, she got her eggs.

We just hung out and I started working on some Christmas decor.
I needed some more pieces to add to my decorations, so that called for a trip to Hob Lob.
We got dressed and headed out, no big fights.  I obliged to her wardrobe requests....
just to avoid conflict.  We headed down the road.

When we got to the stop light at the end of our road, Macie started demanding we
go eat at Chickfila.  She was TELLING me we were going there.  I said no, not today.
Instead, I offered to stop at Sonic and get a snack and a drink.  Still a no.

I stopped anyway--I got a sweet tea with lemon and I ordered her a Sprite and 
some mozzarella sticks {her usual request at Sonic}.  She didn't eat any of the food
and frowned at her drink.....all while crying that she wanted to go to the "chicken place".

She finally quit crying by the time we got to Hobby Lobby and was acting a little less rotten.
The bell ringers were out in full force, so I gave her some change to put into the bucket.
We walk in, she wants to ride in the buggy and as soon as she gets in, she drops her entire
cup of Sprite onto the floor right in the middle of the entrance.  My luck....

We look around for a while and Macie starts acting grumpy again. I was so frustrated and she was terrible {I know it's hard being three and riding around Hobby Lobby, but I just knew she was going to give up the bad mood}.

My Saving Grace:
We ended up on the same aisle as a lady, I didn't think she was paying a bit of attention to my horrible child {or at least was trying to ignore the awkward situation}.  Macie was talking back and getting in trouble and the lady said, "Looks like someone is having a grumpy day."  I told her yes, and we had a little chit chat and I thought our conversation was over.

I was finished looking on that aisle and started to walk away, past the lady when she stopped me.  She said, "You know what?" I stopped to listen, what did I have to lose?

She said she was only able to have one child, a son, and he was mentally handicapped.  I immediately started getting teary eyed because here I am, pregnant, with a "normal" child {that was just having an off day} and I thought I had it bad.

She went on to tell me about how she would randomly see people having a hard time with their children and would stop to let them know it's not really all that bad.  She told me to stop and think about it because I have a lot to be thankful for--I was blessed with a child that will have a normal life.

I do believe that God sends people to be in the right place at the right time and I think he sent her to me.  I know he did.  After that, I just wanted to hug my girl tight because I am thankful for her.  

I will go to bed tonight thanking God for all of the blessings in my life. I have too many blessings to let a couple of bad days throw me on to a negative path.  I am especially thankful for this lady that put things into perspective when I needed that guidance.

I will take the few bad days for ALL of the GOOD days I get.

2 comments:

  1. I am not pregnant, but am crying too....
    Tomorrow will be better!!
    [mainly because your outlook has changed-- but also because what are the chances she'll have 3 off days in a row?!]
    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tearing up reading this. it seems these "days" are amplified being pregnant. i've cried at chili's over a dirty table..threw fits over absolutely ridiculous things..and then God puts the smack down. My sister lost her close childhood friend this past week.. wow..and I thought i was having a rough week.

    xoxo. feel better mama.

    ReplyDelete