Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You know what this week is?

THANKSGIVING!!!

Family, food, laughs, hugs, no school {!!!!}, chaos driving all over the place {the bad thing about marrying someone whose family lives 2 hours away from yours}.

Thanksgiving = THANKFUL, giving thanks for the blessings in life.

I didn't do the whole daily "days of things I'm thankful for" on Facebook because, quite honestly, I would probably forget to post {that seems to be a frequent occurrence lately}.  It's not that I forget what I'm thankful for--I'm constantly thinking about all of the blessings God has given me!  I just don't update my "status" daily.

So, here goes my list:

~Chris~
God knew what he was doing when he brought Chris into my life.  We do not have a perfect marriage, we have our share of problems, but I can honestly say I do not know what I would do without him.  He works so hard to provide for our family and never complains about anything {well, hardly ever, UPS does work him hard}.  I enjoy our laughs and inside jokes--if people were on the outside looking in on our days together, they would think we are complete goofballs.  Chris is such a sweet daddy and Macie is so excited to see him every day when he gets home from work.  He puts up with my messiness, emotional tirades, pregnancy hormones and moodiness, and still loves me.  I only see things getting better and better over the many MANY years we will be together {uh, forever, duh.}.
~Macie~
Oh my sweet Macie!  I was so excited, nervous, every emotion in the book when you were kicking in my belly.  I couldn't wait to meet you!  I thank God for you every day.  I love your sweet hugs and kisses, sweet words, and the love you show to those that mean so much to you.  You give me a hard time sometimes, but the fun times are double the hard.  You are so excited to have a baby sister and I just know you are going to be an amazing big sister.  I hope your sister is as sweet and loving as you!
~The sweet baby girl in my belly~
Your kicks are strong and you're growing at a record pace.  I prayed so hard for you and can't wait to finally meet you in February.  You are with me 24/7 and I am cherishing every moment spent inseparable.  I can't wait to feel your soft skin and hear your sweet coos, but I'm enjoying every second you grow bigger and stronger in my belly.  I love you already!
~My momma and daddy~
I could go on and on about how wonderful my parents are.  We knocked heads a lot while I was growing up.  Especially with my dad.  My mom was always the one taking up for me and I know I gave her the toughest time of all.  I'm surprised my parents even like me today because I sure wouldn't!  I am so glad I came to my senses and figured out that my parents really were right about EVERYTHING!  They are such wonderful people, with great hearts--helping people in need {even strangers}.  I love the both of them and I hope I "grow up" to be as wonderful, responsible, loving, giving, and smart as they are.   If I am every in need of a little "momma time", my mom is always there.  I talk to her on the phone {at least} once a day, sometimes two, three, and four times--I tell her I'm now making up for all the days I ignored her as a teenager. 
~My grandparents~
I don't have my Grandma Barbara and Grandpapa anymore {my dad's parents}, but I will never forget the fun times I had with them growing up.  We didn't get to see them as often as my mom's parents, so the moments I spent with them I will cherish forever.  When I think of going to their house as a child, I think of LOTS of yummy food, laughs, Christmas, and sliding down the stairs in their house.  My Grandma Barbara was so gullible {she would believe anything you told her} and my Grandpapa was so funny {that's where my dad gets his sense of humor}.  I will never forget their very distinct voices, full of personality and comfort.
{gosh, couldn't get through that without crying!}
~~~~~~~~
I am, however, very lucky to still have both of my mom's parents--Grandma and Grandad.  What a couple they are!  If you ever get the chance to meet these two, you are a lucky person.  My grandad is a man of few words, but hard working--even at 81 years old.  He works in their garden and still does work on his bulldozer and tractor.  I will never forget his hands--the hands of a man who has truly worked for everything he has.  My grandma is one of the most loving people I know {I guess that's where my mom gets it from}.  She is family-centered and would do anything to help those in need.  She volunteers her time at the church, works in the garden, and loves shopping for her great-grandbabies.  They have been married either 60 years or almost 60 years {why can't I remember???}.  That is what I hope to have one day.  The cutest couple ever!
~My sister~
What a role model I had in my big sister.  I always looked up to her as a little girl--I wanted to be just like her.  We didn't get along for many years and I was a mean little sister, but she still loves me and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful sister.  I can call her to vent about anything, tell her my problems, and she doesn't judge me.  She only has kind words.  I would have thought we would grow to be complete opposites, but we seem to be very similar people now.  I can't imagine life without my "big sister" and am thankful for her love.  I will add that I am also thankful that she gave me the sweetest niece and nephew that Macie loves--they are her best friends.
~Chris' family~
I hear horror stories about in-laws and I am happy to say I absolutely do not have one of my own.  I hit the in-law lottery when I married Chris.  I enjoy spending time with his family as much as I do with "my own".  His sister is one of my best friends and I miss not getting to spend as much time with her as I used to.  His brothers bring so many smiles to Macie's face and I love them for that.  His mom would drop whatever she is doing to help me with anything, as would his dad.  They love our child{ren} so much and are such a great Lolli and PopPop.  Chris' grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are equally special and are wonderful people that I am blessed to have in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe no one is divorced in either side of your immediate families... do you know how rare [and special] that is?? Amazing!!

    Happy Thanksgiving Pike family!!
    I hope it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete