Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pregnancy Style

I love styling my pregnant belly,
but let's face it...
it gets a little tough.
Especially during the colder months.

I forgot how hard it was to find
anything to wear when I was expecting Macie.
I wanted to wear all of the adorable ensembles
that all of the other girlies my age were sporting!

Back then, I hardly went anywhere
so I didn't have to get as creative.
This time, I'm going to school and find
myself getting very intimidated by 
all of the cute college age ladies.

It's hard enough getting old,
the last thing I want is to look old!

So, there was my little pity party.
Now, I will show you how I'm trying 
my best to not look like a frump
and where I get my ideas.

Thank goodness for Pinterest!!!
I have found so many ideas
for making the wardrobe I already
have work for my growing baby bump.
Just search pregnancy style.

This cutie patootie over at The Daybook always looks perfect.
I'm actually jealous of her perfectly put together look.
Every.day.  Seriously.
My outfit was just inspired by hers.
She looks way cuter, but I tried!
Oh, and I added some leg warmers
that I've had since I was a Freshman in
college as "boot socks".

AND I've seriously become the biggest 
fan of the messy top knot bun.
Love it--especially after I've worn
my hair curly a couple of days.
 
{Yes, I only wash my hair every 
few days.  You can think I'm gross,
but it doesn't get nasty or smelly.
At.all. AND I use dry shampoo.}

 When I came across this outfit,
I got a little excited.
Last Summer, I bought a denim dress
thinking I would wear it....
and never did.  Just didn't like it much.

After I saw this picture on Pinterest,
I thought....hmmm, I should try
that dress again.

Mine is short sleeved, so
I just added a long sleeve under.
Then I just happened to have
a pair of leggings that
look almost exactly like the 
ones in this picture.
{that were never worn :-/}

I have a ton of scarves,
so I grabbed one that matched.

Boots WILL be my staple this Winter!
They're flat and comfy!

I wore some wedges the other day
and let me tell you, that was a mistake.
By the end of the day, I thought my feet
would fall off. :(

I wish I had a picture of that outfit
because it was pretty cute.
{even though it killed my feet}

Heels and wedges will only be for the days
that I have to do little to no walking.

 I've only bought a few "maternity" pieces
and when I wear them I don't feel very stylish.
{except when I wear jeans or leggings}

For those of you expecting, I would suggest
trying to work with what you have.
Some tops will surprisingly look just
as great on a baby bump as they do
on your regular body.

Layering works wonders!

The only things that really are necessary
are jeans, leggings, and tshirts or tanks.

So, that's my two cents on pregnancy style
and I hope to add to this as I get farther along.
When I am out of school, I will have a lot more
time on my hands to get some more posts up.

1 comment:

  1. you look so cute-- I love you boo- socks [leg warmers]-- I miss the bump!!

    ReplyDelete