Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello September....and Just Rambling

Hello September!  Where did you come from???

Hello 17 weeks pregnant!
 When I'm in public, I hide it because it just looks like I've gotten a little "fluffy".  Yeah, I like fluffy...not.
 
+2 pounds and at a full 9 toilet paper squares {yes, I forgot to do Toilet Paper Tuesday again....ugh}.  Bumpity bump is getting bigger and bigger and my jeans are getting tighter and tighter.  Already ordered some maternity jeans!

I have started to feel more flutters...some say gas, I say a lady does not get gas {tehehe}.  It's all baby, I just know it.  Little mister has been in acrobat mode every time I've had an u/s done.

Losing my mind...well, yes, my mind...and eyesight!  My eyes went all cooky with Macie too, so I'm going to go see the eye dr. soon.  Neither of these are beneficial to my status as "student of the year"....well, maybe I won't go that far....but it's not helping with my attempt at being a decent student.


I still can't believe he's a boy, but I've surely gotten used to the idea.  Baby boy {I'm sure he won't have a name until last minute, just like with his big sister} has gotten a few pieces to add to his closet.  Too many, probably, but I couldn't help it.....I've never had a boy.  That's a good excuse, right? 

Speaking of closet, I have got to get all of Macie's things out of there!  It has sort of been my storage for all things Macie has outgrown.  I'll have to go through everything and figure out what is gender neutral {because we don't want any "girly" boys around here ha!} and get rid of the rest.  I'm done hoarding baby stuff!

As of right now we're not planning on having more, but you never know.  I've heard the more the merrier....and also less is more {wait, I'm not sure that was necessarily about children}.  Whatever floats your boat.  We'll see how much energy this next little Pike comes out with, then we'll make up our minds. 

This little person definitely takes a lot of our energy already....how are we going to do it with two?
Since there are always new "guidelines" in baby gear, the bed we had for Macie isn't considered "safe" since it is a drop side.  I know there is some kind of contraption you can call the crib company and ask for, but the bed is so old (it was my 9 year old niece's bed) that I would just rather get a new one.  You can find them at pretty inexpensive prices and I'm not planning on doing a real detailed room that would require a big fancy bed.  We're going to go simple.  

I have a few ideas that I'm going to throw in my MIL's direction and seek her advice for further planning.  She's the one with decorating skills around these parts!  I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest, though. 

I love Pinterest and all of the creativity it makes me feel like I have.  I think I'm really just living vicariously through all of the talented people on there.

Nothing special, but here's a link to my boards.  Just if you want to take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment