Wednesday, September 7, 2011

On our way to a nursery

I decided it was about time to start working on organizing all of Macie's things and ridding our house of unneeded clutter, so the other day I began packing up everything "girly" that isn't used anymore.  

Since finding out we're having a boy, who knows if we'll ever have another baby.  We'll have one of each - perfect right?  With this in mind, I have decided that we had better just part with all of those super cute girl clothes that my sweet growing girl just can't squeeze into anymore.  

She grows so fast - I figured this out after going through her clothes from the time she was 12 months until now.  I had given away most of her "baby" clothes {because I thought I wasn't going to have any more kiddos at that time!}, but started saving everything after that when I got the "fever" again.

Here's the result of saving {and maybe a small shopping addiction}.  P.S. There's more! :(
The soon-to-be nursery is Macie's playroom at the moment and she's not very keen on the idea of having to take all of her toys out of there so her brother can have a room.  She is now telling me that he can sleep in her room {not happening, that room was painted and personalized for Miss Macie!}.

It's a little different than this now, with a bigger bed, and we're changing it up again soon!  Everything else is the same though.
She's marked her territory in this place....I'll have one mad girl in the next few months....
Slowly, I think it will all come together.  I got the closet cleared out {again} and put away some of the things we've acquired over the last few weeks.  
Baby boy is already on his way to becoming a stylin' little guy!

Hopefully, I won't have as bad as an addiction to boy clothes as I do girls.  If I do, I'm going to be in a world or trouble!

Now, onto planning the nursery decor.  Chris wants sports, we compromised with a vintage sports theme.  What would a boy nursery be without his daddy's old jerseys and football helmets?  I'm just happy he's showing interest, I didn't think he would - he's not "that" type of guy.  I guess I underestimated my sweet hubby!

Names area just another story, so don't even ask. :)

2 comments:

  1. the clothes buying stuff is harder for boys BUT when you find something good, you HAVE to buy it because adorable stuff is harder to come by.

    (that was my justification anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, though, it really is harder! I have already figured this out. AND, you HAVE to buy because it WILL sell out if you don't. Especially if it's sale priced.

    ReplyDelete