Friday, September 2, 2011

Macie's new accessory

Today, I had to go for an eye exam and new glasses and we had about an hour to kill before I had to pick up the glasses.  Macie has been bothering me to have her ears pierced for a while now - probably about 2 or 3 months.  She wants to be big like her cousin Hannah.  

We went to the Disney Store, ate some lunch, got Macie some new shoes {she insisted on light-up Sketchers}, and then went to pick up my glasses.  On our way out, we passed by a jewelry store and I asked Macie if she wanted to get them done while we were out and I was thinking about it {because Lord knows I forget everything nowadays}.  She said "YES!"

We went in and filled out the paperwork and she and I started talking.  I told her she had to be very brave and I think that one single word - brave - hit the wrong key in her head and she started to want to back out.  I felt bad because the girls were all ready for her and she was about to change her mind.  I told her that we weren't coming back and finally convinced her to just have it done {the two suckers the girl offered her helped too}.

Two yellow suckers are what made her get them pierced - what a little stink.

They did a dual piercing and thank goodness for that!  She wouldn't have sat through a second one!!!
She cried for about one minute and thought the world was going to end.
But, I think she's happy with the end result!
I've officially got a "BIG GIRL" on my hands.

She says she's, "big like Momma, Hannah, and Aunt Lindsey, but not like Noah.  He said he wasn't going to do it last year."

Whatever kiddo. :)

So, Macie got her ears pierced and I got some lovely new glasses that I'm so excited about!

2 comments:

  1. Aw she so stinkin cute! Like the new glasses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures... especially the one where her world was ending!!

    Love the new glasses... as much as I thought I HAD to have lasix... I miss my glasses too!

    ReplyDelete